Monday, October 19, 2009

Some Things I've Learned...

So, here are some things I've learned, both about myself and about life and others in the couple month hiatus I had from blogging. Some are simple things. Some are hard things. Some are funny things. And some are just things, in no particular order.

1. I am a horrible long distance friend.

2. No matter how much I believe I am not fit to be a stay at home mom, and regardless how much I suck at being the typical "house wife", I am truly enjoying the stay-at-home-mom-dom for the time being, although some days I feel like I am going to go crazy.

3. I truly believe I have the greatest husband in the world.

4. I have learned that while penny pinching can be a good thing, and fear of debt isn't a bad thing, sometimes letting loose a little and splurging to have a great day with the most amazing three boys on the planet isn't bad. And is totally worth it.

5. I have learned that no matter how much it hurts, sometimes people care about other friendships more than ours and ours will never be enough of a priority to really make it count because we live another continent away, so all we can do is just keep loving the way we love, giving the way we give and offering what we have to offer.

6. I have come to think that endurance is the single strongest test and builder of character.

7. Photography has re-instilled my absolute love and passion for people and I think each person has something unique and wonderful to offer the world.

8. While I am so sad to see Jacob growing so fast, I absolutely love big boy Jacob. Even though he makes me SO mad with his stubborn strong willed personality some days, he in some way, shape or form makes me proud EVERY day. Whether it be writing a new letter, speaking Deutsch, building an outrageously cool and intense train track, or being so sweet it melts my heart, it is so cool to watch him grow. I love it.

9. I love that my boys are so different, yet love each other so much, and are such good friends. Both warriors, yet with such different hearts and in such polar opposite ways. Such huge pieces of the Kingdom. One gentle, and one fiery. Two parts of one body. Incredible.

10. Aaron could not be a better daddy, and I'm so glad I have gotten to grow up with him and experience the worst of times and the best of times with him to see how incredible he has turned out, because I think it's made me appreciate him all the more.

11. I have the best parents in the world. Hands down.

12. I don't think I appreciate God's beauty enough, and I'm sad about that. I need to make an effort to do it more.

13. I am insecure. I don't like to be vulnerable, but I am. But, there are things about myself that I like. And every day, there are more things about myself that I find that I like, and I like that. I want to be confident.

14. I like that my dog is neurotic. She fits into our family perfectly.

15. I think that I reminisce too much. Things were what they were and they are what they are and I need to accept that and live in the here.

16. I'm really starting to enjoy some of the friends I'm making here, and hope they can turn into some lasting friendships. I guess we'll see!

17. I miss worship and fellowship, but need to stop comparing and find something here. Even if it is Driscoll or McQueen on the computer screen once a week. And discussion on skype once a week. And even more so, I need accountability.

18. I love my boys more than life itself, but I absolutely covet that all my friends are having/have had baby girls! What the heck?!

19. I miss Thursday coffee nights with Charvel and Elizabeth more than anything else I miss.

20. I think questioning is one of the biggest parts of faith, and I admit I do it often.

21. My boys are my sunshine, and life is good!! :)

Love you all! I really am going to try and start blogging more, but for now, it's time to clean the kitchen!!

No comments: