Friday, May 20, 2011

Great Great Grandma Sugar

This is Aaron's Great Grandma Faries. Also the boy's Great Great Grandma, also known as Gramma Sugar by Jacob and Joshua:


She was an AMAZING lady. I met her a LONG time ago when Aaron and I first met sometime in junior high. She was always pretty feisty and decided on spot if she liked you or not, even if it was solely based on how you touched one of her collectors dolls she had all over her house. I'd like to think she liked me as she was always sweet to me, and often gave me ammo to use against Aaron! When Aaron was away at boot camp, I went to Marshall to see her and Gramma Jane a few times, and every time she'd have Gramma Jane put in the video of Aaron singing in a trash can at church, the video of Aaron being a turd to Gramma Jane while she was trying to zip his jacket and the video of him punching a little girl from the other side of a glass door. I think she was trying to make sure I really wanted to marry him! LoL!

Anyway, Grandma Faries passed away on Wednesday at an incredible 99 years old. She lived WELL beyond her years, and so many times she would be in the hospital, everyone would think it was the end and she'd come home healthier than ever two days later. She got to come to Texas to visit when Jacob was born, and for Christmas one time, she was there when Joshua was born, and best of all she was a HUGE part of Aaron's life growing up, which makes her extra special to me.

The best pictures of Gramma are on our other computer, but here are a few. She was an incredible woman, will be sorely missed and was well loved by everyone. And not many people can say they lived to have SIX great, great grandchildren. A pretty incredible thing, and I am BLESSED that my kids got the opportunity to meet her and know they had a great great grandma! Be nice up there, Grandma!

Meeting Joshua after he was born in Columbia. Grandma LOVED babies!
Before Joshua was born. Dinner at Andy's with the Oeth bunch and the Grammas.
Grandma Faries at Jacob's third birthday party in Columbia at Bonkers.
Aaron showing off Joshua to Grandma Faries in Columbia
Kevin and Grandma crashed out after a delicious meal at Andy's. How they both enjoyed spending their time!

Hope you are enjoying the streets of gold, Grandma. See you when we get there!

1 comment:

Bonnie Meyer said...

sorry for your loss! she seemed like a cool lady. I love the last picture--too funny!