Saturday, September 1, 2012

A New Beginning: The Daily Dose

Yea, so remember the "Daily Dose" I started last month? Well I did it for a whole like 5 days. I am a notoriously BAD blogger. But, today, today starts a new beginning. I am committing to the Daily Dose. I don't have a photo for you today, but from here on out, it's coming.

See my sweet husband left in the wee hours of the morning for his deployment. He will be gone 7-8 months of the next year, and as I sat and wallowed this morning my heart broke. Not just for me, but more so for my kids. All the things I knew Daddy won't get to see first hand. Their crazy antics, their silly smiles, their big fat hugs and kisses. I know he'll miss that. And while technology is AMAZING now and the kids will see him on skype and talk to him on the phone, not being around for the day to day is hard.

So these daily doses, these photos are going to be for Daddy. To document everything going on that we may not remember to tell him. Or have the time to tell him. Details you can't express through stories. Plus, I hope that it'll keep me more busy and my mind off of everything going on.

A lot of big things going on at the Oeth house. A lot that will be revealed in the next couple of days. But for now, here is my simple commitment to try and get this up and going. So we can stay connected and keep sharing life with the greatest Daddy and husband out there. It's amazing how much you can miss someone after only 14 hours. My heart has physically hurt like this few other times. I know it will pass as time goes on and that time moves so quickly these days. And even in the crappiness of deployment I find myself thinking of all of our blessings. Getting to keep him for 4 years in Germany. Being lucky enough to have a husband and Daddy that is so worth missing and having a Daddy/husband that we love so much and can't wait to wait for. Not all families have that. And we do. We are blessed.

And now that I've rambled on in my sadness, it's off to eat pizza delivery with my kids and snuggle to a movie. The best thing about having littles when you are down--their snuggles melt the world away.

There'll will be photos for your viewing pleasure tomorrow. For now, I'll leave you this one. My handsome husband and my three little loves. Talk about some sunshine in my life!

No comments: