Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Daily Dose: Sept. 5, 2012 A Wednesday of Words

Today's Daily Dose is one of no photos. I'll call it a Wednesday of Words. If it had photos, all they would be is of me doing dirty laundry from a sick JoJo all night, or laundry from dirty uniforms of a kid who got sick at school. Or of a sick Mommy or grouchy Sarah. 

As much as I love documenting details, and as much as I love getting back in the groove of capturing my own family, those are just photos I do not want. And Aaron saw the kids on skype today, so I think we're good in that department.

For those of you that have had husbands who have deployed before, you know that there is a rule of deployment. Anything and everything can and WILL happen AFTER your husband leaves. Last night at 11:30 began the first evidence of that. Out of no where a blood curdling scream from the top of the stairs. It was JoJo. Screaming. Covered in throw up. And did I mention he woke Sarahlynne up while he was at it?

He was sick all night and the poor kid learned the puke in a cup method taking Jacob to school in the morning. Which might I add, we should have just kept Jacob home. I had determined today a work day to catch up on edits from before Aaron left. Sarah and JoJo had finally laid down to rest. I got three photos edited, THREE, and the nurse called. "I Mrs. Oeth, your son threw up in class." Really? So had to get the two littles up and off to get Jacob.

The kids did get to skype with Aaron when we got home and that was nice, but the sickness is sticking around. Best part was when I get sick outside, in the pouring rain, locking and shutting the gate. Awesome.

Luckily, so far Sarahlynne hasn't showed any signs of sickness, but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. Not sure yet if I'm keeping Jacob home from school tomorrow yet or not, but I do know either way it will be an at home recovery day. For this evening, it was noodles with chicken broth, a little movie watching and soon to be early bed time.

But I will leave you with something on the positive side. After today, I REALLY felt down in the dumps. Tired, grossed out, sad for my kiddos, missing my husband. Really was just having a day of self pity. And a friend posted this verse:
 
My Grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. II Corinthians 12:9

How that spoke to my heart. Such a gentle, precious reminder that my weakness can be turned to blessing. That HE is sufficient. This weakness--His power is made perfect in it. Amazing. Thankful for that, and praying that He continually fills me and reassures me of that. And that I allow his grace to be sufficient.

Hopefully we will all feel better tomorrow and we'll have some photos. Until then, going to snuggle with a bunch of pillows in the thunderstorm and try to relax. Here's to hoping the days start passing faster, and the curse of the deployment is few and far between!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Despite the rampant stomach bug in your house - I can't help but feel such a profound impact of comfort from your life in this blog...

noodles and chicken broth... pillows and thunderstorms... a mommy, giving all her love to three little ones (sick or not.) It's the stuff that childhood memories are made of :)

Hope everyone starts feeling better!!