Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Daily Dose: Sept. 8, 2012

So there was no daily dose yesterday. And I'm okay with that. We'll just leave it at that and say today was a better day. We are all adjusting. I need to remember that.

We were supposed to go to a BBQ this evening with some folks from church, but Joshua had a rash on his cheek and chest. He takes after me and gets funky rashes that almost look like dotted bruises. Like little blood pin pricks all over. I think it's an allergic reaction to something or possibly from some kind of bite, but it's scattered funny and because he was sick earlier this week I didn't want it to be any kind of virus sticking around and get any other kids sick. So we relaxed at home today instead.

It was nice. The boys actually got along for the most part {a HUGE improvement from yesterday}, I caught up on a small amount of the editing I have to do, and had a really great chat time with my husband.

We also hit the one week mark yesterday which was a relief. One week down, it's not a lot, but it's something. Just means one week closer to being in Aaron's arms again.

It's funny how much you can learn about yourself in a week though. And about your kids. And your convictions. I've realized how much more I need to pray. For my kids. For my husband. For my marriage. For God to pour grace over me and continually fill me with patience and peace. There's already been a lot of growing pains. And I can honestly say I'm thankful for them. I can't wait for this deployment to be over already, but I also can't wait to see where God has our family at the end of it. To see the work He will do in me, in Aaron and in our kids through it all brought together. It's going to be nothing short of incredible, I'm sure.

James 1:2-4 says:
Consider it pure joy my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds, because the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let the perseverance finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Thankful to get to persevere with my incredible husband. And can't wait to see what's in store. Now, for a few photos.

 We had a lunch picnic with Yo Gabba Gabba. Leftover KFC, grapes, carrots and milk.
 Monster boys. They both look so grown.
 JoJo. You can kind of see the rashy stuff on the right side of his face a little. It goes on his ear and then back behind it.
 She always looks guilty these days. Usually because she usually is. Crazy mutt.
 Serious has never looked so beautiful.
Sarah uses her own spoon now. And she also likes to travel with her applesauce. Luckily it's already mostly empty. But she likes to get every. last. bit. Girl knows how to eat.

It hasn't been easy, but we made it through week 1, punkin. Everything now is just a little bit closer to being back together. We love you oh so very much and miss you more than we could ever tell you. Hope these brighten your day.  <3 br="br">

No comments: